Founded in 1872, Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) is a nonsectarian, nonprofit human services agency serving Colorado. JFS believes in strengthening the community by providing vital services to vulnerable individuals and families. JFS offers a variety of programs to help those in need navigate life's challenges through integrated support. The full continuum of care includes helping older adults stay supported, connected, and engaged as they age while maintaining a high quality of life; providing quality mental health counseling and case management to children, adults, immigrants, and refugees; offering training, job placement, and community enrichment to people with disabilities; and providing housing stability, employment support, and food security to individuals and families. Every year, the agency serves thousands of individuals and impacts more than 25,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities. JFS does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. For more information about JFS, visit www.jewishfamilyservice.org
We are very proud of our work culture, including recently completing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion assessment. JFS offers competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending account, Legal/ID Theft, supplemental insurances, company-paid Life/LTD, Employee Assistance Programs, Extended Illness Bank, 401(k), 19 paid holidays and a generous leave program. JFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for providing mental health intake services at the JFS Tamarac location and/or remotely for Mental Health Specialists and Refugee Mental Health Services. This position will collaborate with program staff, play an integral role in assessing which JFS services will best serve callers, and make appropriate JFS program referrals to bring about successful service integration for callers. Develop community relationships and partnerships.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's in psychology, social work, or counseling a plus.
• Three – four years' experience in direct service provision to diverse populations including intake, assessment, mental health, information and referral, and crisis intervention.
• Strong computer skills – database, word processing, email, Internet, and other information directories.
• Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills and ability to multitask.
• Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (proof required), subject to legally required exemptions.
• Thorough knowledge of community resources and JFS programs.
• Ensure that all callers and walk-ins are efficiently and effectively directed to community resources and connected to agency programs to meet both their needs, and the needs of others in their lives.
• Respond promptly to all mental health inquiry voice mails and emails generated through JFS main reception and department intake phone lines.
• Provide crisis intervention and assess for appropriate needs and services.
• For inquiries for JFS services, complete initial mental health intake forms.
• Determine and verify client's payer sources and/or ability to privately pay for services.
• Conduct pre-authorizations and ongoing authorizations.
• Create client data in electronic health record, including billing information as well as referrals.
• Collaborate with appropriate program coordinators, operations managers, or directors to ensure that clients are appropriately referred and integrated to JFS services.
• For existing JFS clients, assist with internal referrals to other JFS programs.
• Attend applicable professional seminars, trainings, and in-services, especially as they relate to mental health and community resources.
• Maintain electronic directory of all JFS programs, including eligibility requirements, fees for service, links to relevant community resource directories, etc.
• Attend appropriate agency and department meetings.
• Maintain needed statistics on both internal and external referrals.
How to Apply:
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.