Founded in 1872, Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) is a nonsectarian, nonprofit human services agency serving Colorado. JFS believes in strengthening the community by providing vital services to vulnerable individuals and families. JFS offers a variety of programs to help those in need navigate life's challenges through integrated support. The full continuum of care includes helping older adults stay supported, connected, and engaged as they age while maintaining a high quality of life; providing quality mental health counseling and case management to children, adults, immigrants, and refugees; offering training, job placement, and community enrichment to people with disabilities; and providing housing stability, employment support, and food security to individuals and families. Every year, the agency serves thousands of individuals and impacts more than 25,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities. JFS does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. For more information about JFS, visit www.jewishfamilyservice.org
We are very proud of our work culture, including recently implementing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plan. JFS offers competitive pay and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending account, Legal/ID Theft, supplemental insurances, company-paid Life/LTD, Employee Assistance Programs, Extended Illness Bank, 401(k), 19 paid holidays and a generous leave program. JFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing strategic leadership and vision for the oversight and operations of the Employment Services Department. Will lead a recently formed department within Jewish Family Service (JFS) to provide 21st century Colorado employment programming, providing classes, workshops, a Job Search Accelerator, case management, vocational training, job placement and workforce development. Enhances community, corporate, government and foundation relationships and partnerships, including development and expansion of employment opportunities for JFS clients. Responsible for networking, public relations, and coordination with federal, state and community organizations serving the unemployed.
Other responsibilities include program administration, budget oversight, grant management, evaluation and reporting, and quality assurance. This candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong commitment to data integrity, strong business acumen, analytical skills, and be a critical thinker. Continually looks to expand the client/user base and scope of services.
• Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, in Workforce Development, Public Administration, Nonprofit, or related field.
• Minimum of six years' experience in employment services, job development, workforce development, planning, and placement.
• Minimum of six years' leadership and managerial skills, preferably in a social services agency.
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude able to take well-thought programming ideas and plans to successful implementation.
• Excellent case management skills.
• Ability to manage federal, state, and city grant fundings.
• Ability to build strong relationships.
• Excellent written and verbal internal and external communications skills with ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, as well as deliver presentations to groups.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other anti-discrimination and employment related laws.
• Detail-oriented and persuasive. Experience in negotiating, helpful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• May be required to attend events during evening/weekend hours.
• Manage the Employment Services Department staff.
• Responsible for operational success and quality of program delivery. Maintain and improve program evaluations, monitor service delivery outcomes, client impact, customer satisfaction, and compliance with regulatory agencies and foundations.
• Direct expansion strategies by increasing community and business partnerships. Develop and maintain positive collaborative relationships with funders, as well as other partner agencies.
• Represent JFS in community meetings and explore new community partnerships to increase client impact.
• Research and monitor emerging trends; evaluate, assess, and present new programmatic direction, services, and business opportunities utilizing data and revenue sources.
• Responsible for fiscal planning and developing an annual budget.
• Compile and evaluate departmental reports and statistics and regularly report results.
• With assistance from the Marketing Department, develop and implement marketing strategies to attract clients, generate opportunities for expanding employer relationships, and increase community awareness of the Employment Services program.
• Support fundraising activities and pursuit of grant opportunities to support the department and stated objectives and outcomes.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (proof required), subject to legally required exemptions.
How to Apply:
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.