The Restoration Technician (RT) performs skilled labor for water mitigation, environmental remediation, and restoration. The RT reports directly to the Remediation Specialist (RS).
Essential Functions of the Restoration Technician position includes but is not limited to:
1. Performs environmental remediation, water mitigation, and restoration of building materials.
2. Must follow company policies and procedures
3. Inspects properties. Schedules or administers appropriate testing per protocols. Identifies moisture issues that may contribute to indoor fungal growth.
4. Must have a clean driving record, operate and maintain company vehicles, be able to be insured with the company's auto insurance company.
5. Must be able to follow written project scopes and identify the need for scope changes and communicate needed scope changes to management.
6. Cleary communicate verbally and in writing to managers
Competencies / Proficiencies including Residential and Commercial:
1. Operate hand tools
2. Operate and maintain water mitigation equipment
3. Operate and maintain environmental remediation equipment
4. Ability to remove building materials including but not limited to drywall, cabinets, carpeting, and framing materials
5. Must be able to document work performed with a cell phone, camera, or iPad.
6. Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment per OSHA guidelines
7. Must have and maintain a clean driving record
8. Must have and maintain a clean background check
This position reports to a Remediation Specialist and Branch Operations Manager.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposures that require the use of personal protective equipment such as eye protection, respirators, and Tyvek suits. For the most part, the employee will be exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office or residential environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. The position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Some work in crawlspaces, attics, and other confined spaces is required. The employee may reach above shoulder heights or below the waist or lift as required throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques and the ability to lift 75 lbs. are required. Per OSHA guidelines, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including respirators (full and half masked), disposable coveralls, gloves, etc. is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Alternate work schedules will be required on an as-needed basis.
Travel is expected with this position
Required Education and Experience:
A high school diploma or GED.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.