Administrative Assistant IV – ATS-06
Hiring Salary Range: $18.29 to $28.34
Full time, 40 hours per week, Non-exempt position
Day Shift, Regular position
Location of position: Main Campus/AdministrationBldg.
Opening Date: April 7, 2016
Closing Date: April 14, 2016
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visitingwww.denverwater.org/careers. Resumes may be attached to the application.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water’s Engineering Division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as an Administrative Assistant IV working under supervision performing engineering contracting functions from document creation to final execution. May perform a variety of tasks designed to provide comprehensive knowledge of water utility operations. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, have a strong desire and a passion to assist Denver Water to become the “best water utility in the nation”.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Performs engineering contracting functions from document creation to final execution.
- Prepares documents and specialized reports, providing research and including conclusions and recommendations for solutions to problems.
- Assists in assigning work, monitoring work progress, and instructing office personnel.
- Provides administrative and technical assistance relative to policies, plans and objectives as required by specialized field. May purchase supplies and equipment, researching vendors and drafting contracts.
- Monitors and interprets contract provisions and ensures compliance.
- Performs a variety of specialized projects as assigned, maintaining records and developing and/or monitoring budgets.
- May process P-card transactions and perform reconciliation of accounts, reviewing other reconciliations for account coding and budgeted amounts.
- Plans and organizes division events, conferences, travel and other related meetings and functions as requested.
- Conducts analysis of management and operational problems and formulates mathematical or simulation models of problem for solution by computer or other methods.
- Orients employees, explaining organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for appointment:
- Considerable knowledge of contracting practices and techniques.
- Prefer experience with project coordination and familiarity with contract document development, negotiations and contract administration and compliance practices.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare written correspondence and reports. Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Considerable knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks both effectively and efficiently.
- Strong technical skills. Prefer high level of proficiency with word processing and presentation software and the ability to assist in preparation and presentation of technical research and reports.
- Ability to coordinate functions and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with demonstrated strong proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
- Ability to interact with internal customers at all levels of the organization. The position requires ability to work autonomously on self-directed and prioritized projects. Work is very deadline driven and requires the ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated advanced level proficiency with technology platforms, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Education Requirements: Graduation from high school, or GED, supplemented by related college or secretarial coursework. Bachelor’s degree in any business or engineering related field preferred.
Experience Requirements: Five years’ experience in a professional office setting with administrative experience. Experience with technical contract development preferred.
Other Requirements: May be required to demonstrate proficiency in p.c. applications as required.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and vacation/holiday/sick leave. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Some employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. Worker’s Compensation Background check and a Strength test if required for the position.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412