We’re seeking an administrative professional who will provide exceptional service to our customers. Our Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support for variety of administrative functions in our Conferences & Events department.
Job duties include :
Providing general administrative support including but not limited to:
- Responding to emails and phone calls
- Scheduling appointments, travel and creating meeting agendas
- Providing information to internal and external customers
- Proofreading documents, performing data entry, and running reports
- Preparing mailings and presentations; monitoring contracts and budgets
- Prepare purchase orders and reconcile invoices
- Facilitating production process for conference programs and sign requests for conferences and events
Qualifications include :
Associates degree in related area or equivalent combination of education and experience with minimum of three years administrative experience required. Candidate must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Background experience in Conference or Meeting Planning a plus. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to effectively manage partnerships with internal and external customers. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Experience using Sharepoint highly desirable.
Compensation dependent upon qualifications; starting pay is targeted between $17.50 - $19.50 per hour. AWWA offers a comprehensive benefits package including a generous retirement saving plan where employees are immediately eligible for a 6% employer contribution and 3% company match.
Resume and cover letter submission deadline is Friday, March 18, 2016
Additional information about working at AWWA is available here As an employer dedicated to equal employment opportunity, minorities, women, veterans and disabled are encouraged to apply. AWWA is the largest membership organization of water industry professionals in North America. Our mission is to provide solutions to effectively manage water, the world’s most important resource.