Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children's Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health andwell being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation's outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children's Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children's Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children's Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics. A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
EDUCATION – High School Diploma required, higher level of education preferred
EXPERIENCE – 2 years of administrative and customer service experience required. A basic understanding of office equipment required. An advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites applications is required. Past work experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Experience in an academic setting preferred
- Experience managing physician schedules
- Higher level of education/college education preferred
- Preferred executive administration experience or high level of admin assistant experience
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination – Fair Audio-Visual: Depth Perception – Fair Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good Audio Visual: Hearing: Good Motion: Bend : Up to 1/3 of the time Motion: Reach up to 1/3 of the time Motion: Carry up to 1/3 of the time Motion: Pull up to 1/3 of the time Motion: Push up to 1/3 of the time Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs. or more, 1/3 of the time General Activity: Stand/Walk up to 4hrs a day Use of hands/feet: Precise Motion Function (or fine manipulation)
The Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for high level administrative and customer service support for patients, families, internal staff and providers supporting gastroenterology. Additional duties may include, but are not limited to, patient scheduling/registration; performing basic telephone triage duties; copying, scanning and/or filing various documents; supporting insurance management functions; managing multiple Outlook calendars; creating presentations and flyers as prescribed; and providing logistical support for events.
- Perform complex calendar management support for multiple professionals.
- Provide operational, financial, and physician support.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including conference calls and seminars, for internal staff.
- Arrange and schedule interviews and make travel arrangements for providers.
- Provide communication support, including creating and reviewing power point presentations as directed, taking notes/meeting minutes, creating fliers as prescribed, and creating correspondence.
- Provide patient scheduling (50% or less of total time).
- Provide a high level of customer service support and assistance to patients, families, physicians and other internal/external customers.
- Support a variety of departmental projects, as needed.
- Support office management functions such as, setting up and maintaining files, receiving and referring inbound calls and ordering supplies.
- Receive inbound and/or place outbound patient calls in order to schedule appointments and to route calls as appropriate.
- Perform reception duties utilizing various systems including telephone, fax machine, mail services, email and copy services.
- Perform data entry and tracking functions.
- Support patient safety by adhering to all infection control policies and safety guidelines.
- Utilize and remain up-to-date with department office operations and established policies and procedures.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned and necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Support: 2 years