D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the constructionand sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Appraisal Specialist Team Leaderfor their Financial Services Underwriting Department. The right candidate will have supervisory responsibility over the Appraisal Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the projected to close report on a daily basis to identify loans that need appraisals and FHA/VA case numbers ordered
- Work with the division and seller to determine final sales price and obtain contracts and addendums
- Order appraisals, choosing the appraiser from the DHIM approved appraiser list and considering established appraiser rotation procedures and requirements
- Communicate with production offices and regional processing centers regarding appraisal status and receipt
- Forward VA appraisals to appropriate regional underwriting centers for issuance of notice of value
- Scan appraisals to the imaging system upon receipt
- Communicate with the division and seller on contract changes and appraisal updates
- Perform semi-annual appraiser renewal process
- Monitor approved appraiser list for appraisers that may have been removed from investor approved appraiser lists
- Review appraiser “one time use” exception requests for approval
- Supervise the Appraisal Specialists.