Visit us at www.usprotectserve.us (don't confuse us with US Protective Service, a similar company with whom we are not associated)
We are looking highly qualified individuals for full-time assignments on postat client facilities. The individual(s) hired may be required to work shifts anytime during the day or night.
Part Time Agents earn $13+ per hour depending on experience.
Agents are ultimately responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
Agents perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the facility entrance and providing a first line of threat assessment and protection, scanning the facility and surrounding areas for threats and proactively mitigating those threats, keeping detailed reporting logs, acting as first response on the scene in case of emergency, working with and supporting law enforcement during a crisis, and monitoring closed circuit surveillance systems, alarms and other facility systems.
Agents act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions. They must detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near their assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests, employees, or assets at or within the site.In order to perform these functions at the highest level, all Agents are required to complete rigorous and ongoing training courses throughout the recruiting and onboarding process and throughout their career with us.
Agents may be asked to perform varied duties for the clients they protect. Although this is not an exhaustive list, an Agent’s duties may include:
- Keep clients, employees, guests, and visitors safe at all times
- Ensure the safety of the facility you are responsible for and all property and assets within
- Know and exceed your client’s expectations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, their employees, and their guests
- Build and maintain effective relationships with local law enforcement and other emergency services personnel
- Provide exceptional customer service to everyone you come into contact with while on duty
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
- Report safety concerns, security breaches, and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing
- Ability to remain flexible to changing environments and adapt well to varied situations
- Ability to work well both in a team-oriented environment and independently * Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client sites
To be an Agent, you must also be a role model and upstanding citizen in the community, and perform all duties with the highest degree of professionalism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds and drag 150 pounds
- Must be able to operate a standard motor vehicle
- Must be able to pass a rigorous physical fitness test before hire and every 6 months thereafter
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must carry a current Denver Merchant Guard Armed Guard License
- At least 3 years military combat arms with honorable discharge or 3 years law enforcement experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED (college degree preferred)
- At least 5 years of verifiable employment history
- Able to obtain a concealed carry hand gun license in your county of residence
- Must pass pre-employment drug testing
- Must pass physical fitness testing (see below)
- Must pass firearms testing (see below)
PHYSICAL FITNESS TESTING
Upon applying, you will be sent a copy of the physical fitness test. Applicants who fail one or more elements of the test will be able to re-test at a later date.
Applicants will be put through POST Academy firearms qualifications. Applicants who fail this qualification will be able to re-test at a later date.
Job Type: Full-time
- Law Enforcement, Military Combat Arms, or Security: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Denver Merchant Guard License - Armed Status
- High school or equivalent