The Fresh Market prefers previous management experience in the retail, grocery, deli, hospitality, or restaurant industry. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills and possess basicmath skills for ordering and inventory. A working knowledge of customer service is preferred. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department is required. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions.
•Demonstrate and direct the Front End Team to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
• Train, develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all Front End employees in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
• Demonstrated ability to work with computers and computer based programs, to include but not limited to, ordering, sign creation, inventory and email communication.
• Demonstrate the ability to reconcile tills and safe, processing daily deposits and accounting for all cash, checks and other forms of payment. While maintaining front office organization.
• Work with Team Members to ensure the highest quality products and services are available.
• Maintain and champion regular sampling and engagement on the Front End
• Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation.
• Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
Maintain the cleanliness of the department and store following the cleaning checklist and tasks assigned by the Front End Manager and Store Management.
• Customer service duties include processing customers utilizing a POS system, greeting customers, educating, informing customers about products and providing carry out service while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression.
• Direct and develop employees to greet, assist, sample and process purchases for every customer per The Fresh Markets standards.
• Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
• Offer daily feedback to the Front End Manager and Store Management about the performance of the Front End.
• Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees and customers on products.
Physical Capabilities / Job Demands
Continuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
• Lift 0-10 lbs.
Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
• Lift 0-10 lbs.
• Bend, Reach and repetitive use of hands
Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
• Lift 11-50 lbs.
• Carry 11-20 lbs.
• Squat, Climb and Balance
•Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company’s attendance and punctuality requirements
• The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
• Minimum age for employment is 18
• Minimum age for employment is 16. (Minimum age is 18 in Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin)
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.