Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put
a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Your Career Starts Here!
Lineage is currently searching for an Assistant General Manager to join our growing team! This site is a busy 24/7 3PL focused on the food supply chain.
As the Assistant General Manager, you will assist in developing management teams to establish cohesiveness and synergy across the departments. You will assist the General Manager in planning, directing, and implementing warehouse operations to meet established goals. You will manage Operation Managers who will be directly overseeing Supervisors and team members in our facility and carrying out responsibilities in accordance with Lineage's policies, procedures and applicable laws. You will excel in this position because you are a natural leader who is comfortable mentoring, instructing and training team members to be successful at every level.
In this energetic role, you will be planning, assigning, and directing the work, as well as interviewing, hiring, and training team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations.
Working closely with Operations, Production, Maintenance and Quality managers on KPI improvements will require you to have strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as strong problem solving abilities and basic math skills.
You thrive in our fast pace environment because of your sense of urgency, open door communication style and ability to generate new ideas. You also model respect, teamwork, a positive attitude and safety consciousness that are essential to this role.
- Assists in establishing warehouse performance objectives (KPI’s) and strategic planning.
- Plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations, maintenance department, and office support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Confer with Plant Engineer to obtain daily room temperature reports and requirements.
- Oversee pest control and food safety programs and compliance of.
- Assists to maintain the proper receipt, storage, handling, and/or distribution of safe and quality food products at facility.
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to cost, productivity, customer service, profits, and employees.
- Conducts and coordinates daily planning and staff meetings.
- Reviews bills of lading for incoming products and customer orders in order to plan work activities.
- Assigns workers to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming products and assembling customer orders for delivery.
- Assists in establishing operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Knowledgeable of WMS in regards to abilities, updates, and changes to suit customer needs.
- Participates in company marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting for new accounts, making sales calls, generating positive word of mouth, developing and quoting rates, negotiating contracts, and closing sales.
- Assists in developing and managing a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Maintain customer contact.
- Directs reclamation of damaged products.
- Operates facility in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.