Position responsible for testing the functionality, performance, and security of software developed for internal and external customers. Test web application relative to vulnerability guidelines. Isolate faults in systems to
Essential Functions include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures and quality standards.
- Review and analyze new installed build performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system
- Participate in the complete software design process(requirements, design, implementation, and test)
- Manage lifecycle expectations to minimize risk and address company needs
- Work with development to triage existing bugs and ensure that bugs, enhancements, and change requests follow the established life cycle.
- Lead the execution and coordination of day to day, and manage tasks from internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Increase knowledge through internal resources, supervisors, fellow employee's company trainings, and trade publications
- Perform test coverage analysis of test plans and schedules and use this information to prioritize testing
- Provide mentoring and guidance for new personnel
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems
- Install software/hardware to support the testing process
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status
Qualifications - to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed or desired.
Education and Experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years experience performing quality assurance, system administration, or software development in a Microsoft systems environment desired
- Programming skills are appreciated
- Previous IT or Software Development experience preferred
- C# programming and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of C++, Visual Basic, SQL, and .NET programming
- Knowledge of practical usage of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and ports relating to communication protocols
- Ability to work well in cross-disciplinary groups
- Experience designing and/or tuning user interfaces
- SQL Server knowledge, Agile process experience, Knowledge of CRM applications a bonus but not required
- Strong computer and analytical skills required.
- PC Knowledge (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent Troubleshooting, Listening and Problem Solving Skills
- Thorough reading comprehension
- Proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
- Critical thinking using logic and reason
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work on computer for long periods of time
- Ability to accept and evolve with changes in policies and procedures
Each Vantiv | Integrated Payments employee plays a role in the success of company relationships with Developers, Resellers and Merchants. These partnerships translate internally to create a trusting and cooperative team environment. Both internal and external partnership success relies on every Vantiv | Integrated Payments employee understanding and participating in their individual team function to their highest ability.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled