Heritage Mazda Owings Mills is part of fast growing MileOne Automotive Group, a leader in automotive retail and we are looking to add qualified professionals to our team. MileOne is acompany that offers a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support for its employees.
If you've got the horsepower to join a fast paced environment and hit our high standards - apply today!
As a State Automotive Inspector, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. You will complete repairs and modifications on vehicles in accordance to dealership and State regulations, maintaining current knowledge of the federal, state, and local laws governing automotive standards.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Performing specified work on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and standards (i.e. brake pads, rotors, alignments, etc.)
* Performing review of used cars by utilizing checklists to identify what repairs need to be made
* Providing Service Advisor with labor and time estimates for additional repairs
* Notifying management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time
* Documenting all activities in accordance with state and dealership standards
* Continuously learning new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast of rapidly changing technology
* Minimum of 3 years of experience as an automotive technician or mechanic
* Valid State Automotive Inspection license
* Valid driver's license with less than 2 moving violations
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
* Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency, and general mathematic skills
* ASE certifications, a plus
* Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
* 401(k) with company match
* Job Training Programs
* Personal Time off
* Ambassador Program - Friends and Family pricing
* Referral bonuses
MileOne Automotive is an equal opportunity employer, and we maintain a drug free work environment.