PROGRAM: Seminole Center for Co-Occurring Disorders
The person in this position performs routine work in the care and rehabilitation of clients admitted to SBH for Chemical DependencyTreatment. Employee works directly under the supervision of the Coordinator of Seminole Center for Co-Occurring Disorders and adheres to the policies and procedures established by the State and SBH guidelines and policies.
* Carries out client activities and unit duties as assigned.
* Assist therapy staff in group activities when appropriate.
* Observes clients in a regular and ongoing manner while documenting and reporting any unusual situations accurately to the therapy staff and/or Coordinator.
* Performs and/or monitors routine and necessary housekeeping tasks as necessary and assigned by Program Manager.
* Monitors social/recreational activities of clients including family and visitors as directed by Program Manager.
* Employee will complete trainings, attend and/or participate in meetings as required by SBH and/or regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with mandates, and to maintain certifications and licensure.
* Employee will maintain the integrity of the clinical record through timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork. Documentation required is program specific and may include, but is not limited to, treatment plans, assessments, psychosocials, SALs, progress notes, tracking forms, and intra-agency referrals. Employee shall submit paperwork to appropriate departments as required.
* Employee is responsible for completion of all required paperwork and training in order to receive a computer log-in to gain access to communication mediums used in conjunction with agency business.
* Employee will possess at a minimum, basic computer literacy skills needed to utilize all communication mediums used in the conjunction with agency business to include but not limited to; agency intranet, on-line computer training, agency email, applicable software programs.
* Employee will set up, maintain and use daily (where applicable) the following communication tools to keep abreast of agency updates to include but not limited to; intranet, agency voice mail, and agency email.
* In the provision of above services, the employee may need to transport a client based on priority service needs. Only Center-approved vehicles will be used by authorized employees to transport clients in accordance with Agency transportation policy.
* Many clients are in severe emotional distress and employee must be able to communicate effectively and participate in both verbal and physical de-escalation techniques. Employee must demonstrate ability to excel in a stressful, constantly changing environment as required.
* Adhere to all Agency Policies & Procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* High School Diploma/GED required.
* Knowledge and understanding of 12-Step Self Help philosophy preferred; one year of experience working with the target population preferred.
* Specialized training and/or higher education may be substituted for experience.
12-8am, 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am