KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2016-3740
Job Location US - MS - Olive Branch
Posted Date 3/7/2016
KIK acquired Marietta Corp earlier this year, Marietta is now part of the KIK Custom Manufacturing Division. Our Marietta manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, Mississippi is FDA registered and specializes in retail and guest amenity bar soap manufacturing.
About this Job
We are searching for Blenders to ensure correct soap formula is supplied to the production line in a timely manner and maintain a clean work area. These are third shift positions reporting to the Production Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure correct soap formula is supplied to the production line in a timely manner.
- Document batch records accurately to ensure the proper ingredients are included.
- Ensure safety equipment and safety procedures are in place and followed.
- Monitor and record temperature, moisture and refining of soap in finishing line.
- Dispose of totes on production lines for recycling.
- Regrind excess or scrap soap.
- Clean and/or replace refining screens on a periodic basis.
- Assist in line purges.
- Responsible and accountable for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in training new workers.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner using proper tools and wearing appropriate protective equipment as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to physically endure work schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with chemicals/raw materials preferred.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction