Gaia is looking for our next full time Café Employee that can flex between the front and back of the house. We have a fast-paced environment and a desire to provide excellent service with an eye for detail. If you are seeking great benefits, awesome hours (Monday - Friday 7am to 3pm, NO WEEKENDS!), 401K and paid holiday time off, then this is the job for you!
This person is responsible for participating in all aspects of running a smooth operating café, has a strong work ethic and a commitment to timeliness and attendance. You are extremely personable, enthusiastic, a team player and incredibly dependable and flexible. You work well with others and enjoy high standards alongside of coworkers and for the customer. You adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently. You have a passion for organic, local and sustainable food.
It's a unique position where every customer is a regular, and you will be a part of Gaia's mission to empower the evolution of consciousness with your conscious attention to detailed service in the café.
Responsibilities and duties -
Front of the house:
• Greeting customers and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting
• Run the cash register, receive and process customer payments
• Provide barista services: prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas
• Tidy and clean the front-end areas
• Prepare the front of the house for breakfast and lunch
• Clean service of seating areas
• Deliver food items within the building
• Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them
• Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
Back of the house:
• Assist the Executive and Sous Chefs in the daily operations of the kitchen, including cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance to standards set by the Chef
• Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
• Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food on the line
• Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation- from ingredients to the finished dish
• Make sure that the professional equipment is in good working condition and provide early warning of any malfunction before possible impact on the staff or the clients
• Ability to lift 30-40 pounds and be on your feet for a few hours at a time
• Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment
• Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning
• Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products
• Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, bagels or cookies
• Assisting with special events as needed.
• Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
Skills and Qualifications
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent customer service and an outstanding customer service attitude
• Must be able to multitask, organize and maintain a welcoming attitude
• Prior cashiering experience
• Basic math skills
• High school education or equivalent required
• 2 years of food service experience required
• English fluency required
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other MS Window operations preferred
• Serve Safe certifications preferred
About Gaia, Inc.
As the world's largest subscription video on-demand (SVOD) provider of transformational media, dedicated to empowering you in body, mind and spirit, we have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change in our world through streaming content that awakens and transforms.
Gaia is an innovative compilation of individuals each contributing to a greater goal – our subscribers' path to greater consciousness. As a Café staff for Gaia you would spend your work days in a beautifully constructed building where people participate in staff yoga classes, meditation, work out in our onsite state of the art gym, take their meals outside when the weather permits, and enjoy good food and drinks together.
In order to be eligible for this position you must be able to work in our office in Louisville, Colorado.
US citizenship or an existing work visa is required.
This role will be eligible to participate in Gaia's benefit programs, including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and more.