The Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing occupational therapy to patients in their homes to restore them to their fullest physical ability. The Occupational Therapy Assistant performs his/her dutiesin accordance with policies and procedures and the established plan of care.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the provision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners to assist in the practice of occupational therapy.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist Assistant before starting a home health case load.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Current CPR certification required.
At LHC Group, you'll find the support and resources you need to keep learning, achieve work-life balance and be recognized for your achievements. Your ideas can take root among a talent team of healthcare professionals focused on providing quality patient care.
The quality of care we deliver is a direct result of our 10,000-person strong work force that brings clinical innovation to life each day. At LHC Group, we are committed to investing in the growth and development of our employees - from an industry-leading internal credentialing program to a state of the art learning management system.
Benefits packages for qualified employees include:* Flexible schedule* Competitive compensation* Health, dental, and vision coverage (health coverage for part time employees)* Short- and long-term disability* Disability buy-up gap plan* Life insurance* Cancer insurance* Critical illness insurance* Medsupport insurance* Accident insurance* Flexible spending accounts* Employee assistance program* 401(k) with company match* Employee stock purchase plan* Bereavement pay* Orientation period* CEU's through online management systems* Paid time off* Holiday pay* Company vehicle program available for qualified employees
The LHC Group difference
With hundreds of locations across the nation, we partner with local physicians, nurses and therapists to provide high-quality and compassionate care to nearly 100,000 patients annually. Our commitment to innovation and service excellence influences every facet of patient care and is the cornerstone of our industry-leading clinical programs, like T3 and Beyond Balance. We are proud to be the preferred post-acute care partner for leading hospitals and health systems around the country - operating more than 100 joint venture locations nationwide. Strength, stability and clinical expertise - that's the LHC Group difference.
LHC Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.