The firm has an exceptional career opportunity for a Senior Associate within the Risk Advisory Services(RAS) practice in Denver, CO.
Our Risk Advisory Services team is made up of individualsable to contribute tangible value to our clients in the areas of business risk management, business processes evaluation, internal auditing, internal controls and regulatory compliance. We help our clients evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, offer recommendations to improve and assist clients as they design, build and operate new business processes, test internal controls, Sarbanes Oxley methodologies, IT systems and other important changes in their business activities.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and conducting fieldwork, both individually and in small teams, discussing findings and observations during exit meetings, preparing work papers to support conclusions and preparing written memos and drafting formal reports. The position will also include client service assistance such as advice on various operational and compliance matters, best practices and helping clients deal with control issues, as well as leading a team of staff on certain assigned engagements. The candidate should be familiar with COSO and Sarbanes Oxley requirements and have experience in the review of the appropriate procedures.
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 4 years of Assurance/Audit experience within a public accounting firm, Risk Advisory Services, or Internal Audit
- Strong understanding of internal audit, internal control reviews/process and information systems risk assessments
- CPA, CIA and/or CISA designation(s) preferred or working towards a credential
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
- Possess strong business ethics and willingness to adhere to stringent professional standards
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% or approximately 80 nights a years in travel
- Ideal candidate will have internal audit experience at another accounting firm or similar experience
- Related certification or pursuant of related certification to include CPA, CIA, CFSA or CISA
- Have experience in internal audit providing services in some or all of the following: Sarbanes-Oxley Consulting, Section 404 services, Internal Audit Outsourcing and Consulting, and Risk Assessments
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 555 Seventeenth Street, Ste. 1000
Region: Central Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: Yes
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: SPMC16595