Essential (Primary) Functions:
• Follows and execute recipes for cooking, roasting,baking,braising, frying, sautéing, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption in eating establishments
• Assume 100% responsibility of products served
• Prepping and Cooking food applicable to vegan/vegetarian/low sodium/low fat items and customers special diets
• Prepares by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use
• Tastes all products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production and keeps records daily in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment
• Prepares bakery items, receives orders and counts inventory, moves and lifts food and supplies
• Set up food line 15 minutes prior service
• Delivery and set up food in the Cafeteria.
• Interacts with Client Staff, and answers customers questions
• Sweep and mop floors in his/her station, the kitchen, and dining hall, as well as remove trash
• Cleans and sanitizes his/her work station repeatedly throughout the day
• Complies with HACCP guidelines and document records according to procedures
• Practice clean as you go sanitation
• Follows all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned by management team
• Experience with vegan/vegetarian/low sodium/low fat cuisine
• Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
• Follow proper food handling procedures.
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety, security, and loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
• Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
• Follow all compliance programs (e.g., safety and fire, hazardous materials and waste program, emergency management program, utility management program, medical equipment management program, infection and control).
• Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
• Follow all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g., Quality Assurance, Safety, Operations, Human Resources).
• Ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with customers with a professional and polite demeanor.
Working with Others
• Support all coworkers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
• Clean and maintain property and premises, ensuring all cleanliness standards are met.
• Maintain clean and clutter-free work space, including public areas.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
• Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
• Maintain food logs for all food products (e.g., production charts).
• Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, QA).
• Report equipment maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
Sanitation and Maintenance
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
• Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
• Clean stoves, grills, deep fryers, ovens, and steam tables safely, including using appropriate sanitizing measures, and safety procedures.
• Set-up and break down work station, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specifications.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment
• Follow proper knife handling procedures, including keeping knives sharpened, using correct knives for particular food item or specific tasks.
• Use measuring tools (e.g., scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
• Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans, and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
• Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
• Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, thermometer, or piercing them with utensils.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
• Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing HACCP forms and production charts.
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use.
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
• Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Assist cooks and kitchen staff to prepare food, and provide them with needed items.
• Trust Customer/Client Focus
• Customer Service Orientation Personal Attributes
• Safety Orientation
• Proper Lifting Techniques Cleaning and Sanitation
• General Sanitation
Education High School diploma / G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience 1 year related work experience
Supervisory Experience No supervisory/managerial experience