Kindred Healthcare, Inc., a top-150 private employer in the United States, is a FORTUNE 500 healthcare services company based in Louisville, Kentucky, with annual revenues of $5 billion and approximately 61,500employees in 47 states. At December 31, 2014, Kindred through its subsidiaries provided healthcare services in 2,370 locations, including 97 transitional care hospitals, five inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, 90 nursing centers, 22 sub-acute units, 143 Kindred at Home hospice, home health and non-medical home care locations, 100 inpatient rehabilitation units (hospital-based) and a contract rehabilitation services business, RehabCare, which served 1,913 non-affiliated facilities. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Healthcare Companies for six years in a row, Kindred’s mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
In this role you will prepare, cook and season food for hospital patients, employees and visitors. You will plan a cooking schedule with your supervisor and/or dietitian to ensure food will be ready at specified times. You will also confer with dietitians regarding modified diet preparation, and use of leftovers.
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables; arrange salad ingredients in attractive manner and refrigerate until meal time
- Use recipes to measure and mix ingredients; prepare meats and fish in various ways; test food by tasting, smelling or piercing to determine that it is cooked-through; maintain proper temperatures for hot and cold foods; apportion servings according to menu combinations or patients' orders
- Assist with ordering meat, poultry and fish for use in meal preparation
- Provide assistance with tray set-up, salad preparation, and procuring food from refrigerator, freezer or other storage areas, etc.
- Maintain cooking area in a clean, neat and orderly manner