Additional Work Hours Information:
Forest City Enterprises, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company. The Company is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercialand residential real estate and land throughout the United States. Forest City associates are committed to creating superior communities where people live, work, shop and stay. Our experienced leadership team has a passion for real estate and a commitment to pursuing a shared vision of what needs to be done and how to make it happen.
Prepares financial reporting packages on a monthly and quarterly basis in addition to analysis of current and proposed operations to assist in executive level decision making.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares schedules for internal Management meetings. (10%)
2. Coordinates the inputs of all loans closings and events related to outstanding mortgage debt into a database. Responsible for obtaining signoff on accuracy of information in the database. (20%)
3. Prepares various ad hoc Excel spreadsheets which calculate various metrics for current and future mortgage debt. Investigates trends and prepares forecasts. Creates charts and graphs to enhance and support analysis. Works with the Bloomberg system in monitoring economic markets and incorporating data in analysis. (20%)
4. Prepares reconciliations and sign-offs sheets for the 10q package. (5%)
5. Audits the database data for integrity and accuracy of information. (10%)
6. Prepares reconciliations between accounting system (SAP) and debt system (FMS) for active and pro-forma reporting. Work with ASO resolving issues related to discrepancies. (15%)
7. Prepares listing of all company derivatives as well as projected mortgage debt balances both for reporting and analysis. (10%)
8. Input pro-forma debt service assumptions into debt database. Coordinate with ASO for the upload into SAP in order to evaluate discrepancies between the two systems. (10%)
This position requires a(n) Undergraduate (Bachelor) Degree in Finance
Below is the required/preferred work experience for this position:
Length of experience Type of work experience Specific duties Required/Preferred
1-4 Years General Progressively responsible experience in Financial Analysis Required
Note: 5-7 Years of experience can offset minimum educational requirements for this position
Skill: Proficiency level: Required or preferred:
Extensive experience in working with computer spreadsheets (macros, pivot tables, etc) and databases (or has aptitude to quickly learn such functionality). Advanced Required
Knowledge of Financial concepts (Present Value, Discounting, Amortization, etc) and general Accounting concepts Advanced Required
Running and Modifying reports in SAP reporting systems Working Preferred
Forest City Realty Trust is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Vets.
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Realty Trust values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Drug Free Workplace