Responsible for all Engineering Document Control tasks, including BOM generation, ECN coordination, and CAD file organization. Develop and maintain Engineering BOM and change control processes. Define and implementdrafting standards and best practices. Lead the effort to automate Engineering BOM generation. Develop 3D component and system models. Prepare and revise 2D drawings.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Responsible for defining and documenting all Document Control processes in coordination with Design and Document Control Manager.
· Develop, review and update Engineering BOM generation and change control processes.
· Lead the integration of CAD system with ERP system and Document Control software.
· Create and maintain Engineering BOMs.
· Check and approve engineering BOMs
· Lead the effort to automate EBOM generation
· Define and implement department drafting standards and best practices in coordination with document control manager.
· Coordinate ECN process. Lead ECN meetings.
· Define, document and maintain engineering record retention processes.
· Improve and maintain engineering BOM structure. Support Operations in the development of Bill of Manufacturing structure.
· Develop 3D models and 2D drawings for new parts and assemblies, based on verbal instructions or rough sketches.
· Generate 3D models and drawings for new parts and assemblies.
· Create new and update existing 2D drawings.
· Check designs and drawings created by other designers and engineers.
· Develop materials and conduct drawing reading classes and BOM structure training.
· Support and make recommendations to improve Company policies and procedures.
· Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Company by conducting business with other MEPPI departments, visitors, and callers in a timely and cooperative manner.
· Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and their impact in the workplace.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED.
THE NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Support and make recommendations to improve MEPPI policies and procedures.
· Perform other functions as assigned.
· Associates Degree in technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum five (5) years of 3D modeling experience
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in ERP systems
· Developed written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS OF THE WORKPLACE:
- Ability to creatively work through manufacturing challenges as they arise
- Ability to use office equipment, such as: PC, photocopier, fax machine, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing projects and workload
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to analyze data