1. Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred.
2. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
3. Possesses critical thinking and problem
4. Comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of diabetes applications.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public, medical staff, and physicians.
7. Ability to function independently on assigned patient care units and satellite clinics.
8. Ability to counsel and educate others.
9. General knowledge of nutrient analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
A. Work Experience:
One year experience as a Clinical Dietitian required, preferably in diabetes education.
1. Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
2. RD/LD in Texas.
3. Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred.
4. Valid driver''s license.
5. Current automobile liability insurance.
C. Education and Training:
1. Bachelor''s degree in dietetics, food and nutrition, or related area, granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
2. Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association.