The Director of Risk Management has primary oversight of the company-wide claims management under the Risk Management Program. The Director analyzes risk management data, investigates actual or potential adverse events, develops and implements appropriate measures to minimize the risk of injuries to patients and employees and to minimize loss or damage to property, all with the objective of controlling and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the company. The Director works with other Corporate Departments (HR, Legal, Finance and Operations) to implement programs to reduce future risk for the company. The Director acts as a liaison between the facility and legal counsel on actual or potential litigation matters and assists with the preparation and production of discovery documents and the preparation and coordination of employees as witnesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing all accident reports for the company
• Reviews all requests for release of Protected Health Information and releases all documents
• Reviews and follows up on all patient complaints coming into the Corporate Office
• Reports Risk Management claims to appropriate insurance company (GL/PL, Workers Comp, etc.)
• Organizes company file and requests for data related to all claim files.
• Review claim files for improvement to Company Policy and Procedures.
• Claims and lawsuit assistance
• Liaison to Workers Compensation adjusters for consultation on strategy and settlements.
• Oversight of Transitional Work Program
• Releases all HIPAA related requests / infractions