Dubbed the “city of neighborhoods,” Baltimore is served by Veolia’s extensive district energy system. Our heating and cooling networks provide steam, hot water and chilled water to over 255 prominent commercial, healthcare,government, institutional and hospitality customers in the central business district and in Inner Harbor East. With 50 percent of the steam delivered to customers originating from a waste-to-energy plant, Veolia is helping to reduce Baltimore’s total greenhouse gas emissions by approximately 47,000 tons per year – the equivalent of removing 8,400 cars from the road.
Veolia is currently seeking a Distribution Mechanic to support operations in Baltimore. The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain and repair equipment, machinery, piping, valves, etc. associated with the Company’s distribution system from the plants to and inside of customer facilities. Additional responsibilities include the following:
• Analyze problems in customer buildings and assist in customer proposals for repair
• Operate hand tools and heavy construction equipment including welding equipment, backhoes, and dump trucks.
• Perform roadbed restoration.
• Install, repair, replace and troubleshoot meters.
• Assist in installation, repair, replacement, and troubleshooting of pneumatic and electric controls equipment.
• Install, repair, replace and troubleshoot distribution equipment including: piping, valves, traps, and expansion joints.
This is a first shift position with work hours generally 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with every other Friday off. This position also requires the employee to be on-call after normal work hours (nights, weekends, holidays).
This position also requires work in confined spaces and in extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet).