Tyco SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler,fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital - from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
This is a strategic role in the organization that will support SimplexGrinnell's goal of solutions-based selling. The primary function of this position is to assist in the growth of SimplexGrinnell's contracting business by providing technical/sales support to the field organization for large and /or integrated systems and developing comprehensive applications solutions and estimates for sales opportunities.
* Ensure proper application of systems products to meet customer requirements and provide value engineering solutions.
* Generate project cost estimates, quotes, and bids by generating RFI's, reviewing project specifications, and assisting in the selection of and coordination with subcontractors.
* Serve as the designated proposal group liaison.
* Review bid specifications with the operations team and obtain necessary management approvals on estimate costs (pricing to be handled by sales person).
* Coordinate booking requirements and obtain all necessary outstanding items.
* Update SalesForce.com with the latest bid/post-bid activities, sales call results, and scheduled next steps.
* Provide technical assistance to Business Operations and the SimplexGrinnell field organization at system start up ensuring proper understanding by the field office regarding systems intent.
* Assist in planning, setup, and support of product demonstrations, industry shows, and exhibitions.
* Assist with customer proposal presentations.
* Create installer bid packages and facilitate the request and collection of electrical contractor installation bids for turnkey work.
* Perform customer site surveys.
* Serve as the customer back-up for ESSRs and Project Managers.
* Develop AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) relationships.
* Support new sales representatives on various products and their application, Job Design, and bid market strategies.
* Serve as local product expert for new technology and applications.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years proficiency in design, pricing, and implementation of all types of integrated systems projects.
* Knowledge of large project management, database connectivity, basic LAN protocols, and serial communications.
* Ability to occasionally travel to customer locations