Division Controller Opportunity!
Public/Corporate Acct Leadership Expertise - $200M+ revenue operations
Founded in 1982 as For Rent Magazine®, For Rent Media Solutions™ is headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia,and provides property managers and owners with diverse marketing and advertising products, services and education. These products are easy to use, easy to understand, and designed with renters in mind. For apartment shoppers, For Rent Media Solutions provides robust community listings in a multitude of media, including print, social, online, mobile, video and an extensive distribution network. For Rent Media Solutions publishes 80 magazines covering more than 80 markets nationwide, including AFTER55.com™ A Senior Housing and Care Resource, ForRent.com® Magazine and ForRent.com en Español Revista De Apartamentos. For Rent Media Solutions operates five websites: ForRent.com, AFTER55.com™, CorporateHousing.com®, ForRent.com en Español and ForRentUniversity.com™. Additionally, ForRent.com listings receive exclusive distribution to Homes.com® Rentals. Visit ForRent.com for more information, or visit us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Division Controller will implement and direct accounting activities for ForRent Media, a division of Dominion Enterprises. You will manage the general ledger team and report to the VP of Finance. The Controller and team are responsible for all general ledger related functions for the division, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, working with the corporate accounting team to complete the annual external audits, oversight over general controls and business processes for the division as well as supporting/meeting the business needs as requested.
- Lead and manage a high performing team in the day to day operations of the general ledger.
- Manage month end close process, including review of journal entries, financial statements/analyses and ensuring all deliverables meet established deadlines.
- Review work of finance teams and ensure GAAP compliance with all financial transactions.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; communicate monthly and annual financial results.
- Contribute as a member of the Finance Leadership team to the operational excellence of the entire Finance Department.
- Enforce, document, and maintain the division's internal controls.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Define and enforce new accounting policies and procedures for the division.
- Review/analyze monthly financial statements; identify trends/anomalies; research management inquiries; provide solutions to meet business needs.
- Oversee contracts administration and financial reporting system to provide accurate and consistent financial reporting to business leaders.
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts and review with key senior leaders.
- Provide recommendations on critical business decisions based on financial analysis; identify areas of high risk and discuss suggested changes with Division President and executive team.
- Provide monthly reporting on key metrics to track business success.
- Manage the annual budgeting process.
- Manage external and internal audits requests.
- Provide financial analysis and projections to corporate accounting group; discuss financial results with CFO as needed.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and ad hoc projects as requested.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to key senior leaders.
- Works with Corporate Tax Department to ensure business unit maintains compliance with all tax requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, and a minimum 3 years of operational experience in finance and accounting required. CPA required and MAcc or MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, particularly around revenue recognition.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Possess critical thinking skills and an inquisitive nature that results in asking questions, seeking to understand relationships, and find answers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of data from various sources and combine them into other datasets using Excel pivot tables, formulas, and functions.
- Excellent ERP experience and computer skills, including the development of complex spreadsheets (Excel), use of financial databases, and the ability to learn new applications.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our iconic B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, CycleTrader.com and BoatTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. We have more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, across the U.S., and internationally. See our complete story at www.dominionenterprises.com. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.