Evapco is an Employee owned Company that recently started on an expansion program to further strengthen our position as a leading manufacturing and engineering contractor in heat transfer applications worldwide. Ourculture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement and rewarding of results are core values. In keeping with Evapco’s highly successful business philosophy “People make the difference", we are seeking an experienced, reliable and dynamic person to join our team of high performing professionals in our Bridgewater, NJ office. This office provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions for the global Air Cooled Steam Condenser and Hybrid Cooling Market in the Power Industry.
Please visit www.evapco-blct.com
Basic Job Function
As head of the Technical Division, the candidate will have full managerial responsibility for the technical execution of the project scope, reporting directly to the sr. Vice President of Operations and collaborating with all members of the Senior Management Team : Sales, Procurement, Project Management and Construction. The candidate will provide work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost effective utilization of staff, including responsibility for recruitment, development and retention of the staff. The candidate also serves as the Chief Technical Advisor, providing senior level input and evaluation in the engineering execution of the projects. This position requires occasional domestic and international travel and potential for planned and unplanned overtime to meet project schedules.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to a multi-discipline engineering team of 10+ professional engineers and technicians (mechanical, piping, structural, process, Instrumentation), setting strategic direction based on scope and priorities
- Facilitate coordination and interface directly with all engineering disciplines, project partners, subcontractors and clients.
- Responsible for the development of engineering schedules, engineering man hours, budgets, staffing and other engineering input for proposals and projects
- Verify engineering schedule compliance and proactively resolve conflicts evaluating resource requirements and allocation based on current and anticipated work load.
- Setting up and improving engineering standards and guidelines that will increase efficiency and accuracy associated with the engineering execution of the project. The Engineering Manager will champion this process but can delegate the development and implementation in part to staff members.
- Engineering Department works in compliance with applicable laws, codes, specifications and contract requirements.
- Develop, review and approval of Master Engineering Deliverables including drawings, specifications, data sheets and lists necessary to execute the projects, meeting project schedule and budget commitments.
- Ensures procedural compliance within the Engineering Division and establishes proper communication channels.
- Organizes engineering support to construction and commissioning with occasional site visits.
- Support continuous improvement and invokes change management principles.
- Orchestrates all technical aspects of complex projects and makes project engineering execution decisions within the boundaries set by applicable policies, standards and contract commitments.
- Day to day operation of the Engineering Department and all related activities, standards and procedures.
- Keeps informed and prepares reports to the Senior Management Team on the status of all engineering matters, issues and projects with respect of schedule, budget, work quality and client satisfaction.
- Monitors the use of available engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques as applied on the projects.
- Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
- Surfacing unresolved conflict to top management when necessary.