We are seeking applicants looking to gain experience in small business accounting, payroll, HR or marketing. This is a great opportunity to get your career started by learning from a team of professionals whose knowledge and expertise is proven. We’re looking for someone who shares our vision and someone who is technical, a strong communicator, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, and who demonstrates a passion for helping people succeed.
Prior successful candidates had arrived from a variety of backgrounds even outside the industry; including food service, non-profit, and banking to name a few.
Travel to Telluride and Durango is encouraged so you can bond with team members and clients in ASAP’s other offices, but it is not required.
Specifically, the right applicant will start by playing a key role in the following functions:
Client Support, Administrative Support, and Payroll Processing
- Provide a high level of customer service to small business owners & non-profit clients primarily located in Colorado.
- Learn the ropes in order to support client’s payroll processing tasks and support needs.
- Help support the operation by performing various routine verification checks & processes.
- Support the operation by managing back end pack out of sensitive data; including coordination with outside courier delivery, FedEx or USPS.
- Become familiar with modern CRM and ticketing support systems in order to respond to client inquiries efficiently and accurately.
- Your input will be valued; we encourage openness, ideas and collaboration among our team members to identify efficiencies that will enable us to better serve our clients.
- Answering and directing phone calls is a staple of all businesses and you’ll be called upon to assist, but this isn’t a call center.
- Various administrative duties and special projects including ordering/maintaining supplies
- Gain an early understanding of payroll rules, laws, and regulations.
- Become capable and comfortable with the various software ASAP employs and utilizes.
- Become self-reliant to enter and process payrolls and respond to client requests.
- Advancement opportunities available for motivated individuals with a passion for learning new skills and an eye toward developing new solutions.
The successful candidate will have these strengths & attributes:
- Professional, positive and courteous in all interactions and communications.
- Poses an inner drive to understand people and listen to their needs. Patience and follow through with customers is key.
- Accounting or financial services experience is helpful, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Excellent grasp of computer software and ability to self-diagnose light IT issues.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving aptitude.
- Diligent, punctual, and reliable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and see them through to completion, self-motivate and maintain productivity without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Works for the team’s needs; performing duties each day in a complete manner, assisting in the little things to enhance the work environment.
- Ability to view mistakes as learning opportunities and make resolving the issue to the client’s satisfaction the first priority.
- Background check will be required prior to any employment offers.
$15.00 - $20.00/hour nonexempt, Full Time position with some flexibility of schedule
Eligible benefits include paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave; optional employer supported group health and dental insurance; AFLAC, 401K, & group vision insurance.