Alpine, an ITW company, currently has an opening for an Equipment Service Technician to install, troubleshoot and repair mechanical and CNC machinery and equipment; including, but not limited to electronic controlpanels and related mechanical, electrical or computer equipment, designed and built exclusively by ITWBCG/Alpine at the customer’s location.
Alpine will be moving to Glenview IL early 2016. This role will report out of Vernon Hills IL until the move.
Alpine is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability. Alpine is a division of ITW, a F200 global diversified manufacturer with $14B in revenue.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
- Installs Alpine equipment at customer sites. Measures distances with rule to lay out work based on floor plan. Constructs foundation for machines. Drills holes and bolts metal framework and supports in place. Cuts, drills, and fits brackets, supports, covers, and fixtures from metal sheet, strap or bar stock. Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures. Bolts and screws control panels and assembled operating units to framework. Connects electrical wiring and cables. Installs lighting fixtures, outlets, switches, wall boxes, and terminal boards.
- Reads and understands manuals and work instructions. Reads proprietary blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails.
- Aligns machines and equipment using proprietary procedures and guidelines.
- Provides onsite service and repairs. Repairs, troubleshoots, calibrates, and lubricates machines and equipment per the instruction manual or work instructions.
- Installs & adjusts computer hardware and software, PLC modules and related operating systems and programs, printers and other electronic equipment, based on specific factory training required for ITW/Alpine Equipment and related proprietary firmware and software.
- Provides customer training on installed equipment. Trains operator to run and maintain equipment. Familiarizes customer with service manual and computer interface. Monitors customer’s work to provide guidance and answer questions.
- Works in the office when not traveling, performing all tasks as required to provide customer service. Will take customer orders and perform troubleshooting with customers by phone and online computer connection.
- 2+ years of experience working on industrial equipment
- 2+ years of related college coursework preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with: mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer, motion control systems, firmware, software, and related components and systems preferred
- Experience with installing and training customers on automated equipment preferred
- Possess/maintain valid driver’s license and maintain a clear Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Extensive travel required (60-80% domestic and international), including weekends, as necessary.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate visa/work documentation to enable travel to customer’s location to perform work as necessary and wherever assigned worldwide.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.