Job duties and responsibilities:
1. Oversees suppliers and performs minor repairs to a variety of machines and equipment and assists or oversees troubleshooting, adjustments and repairs to all building mechanical equipment, i.e., gas mixers, burners, air compressors, building air handling systems, cooling and heating units, lighting systems, power distribution system, fire safety systems, cafeteria and kitchen equipment.
2. Oversees suppliers preforming various grounds maintenance services, including the maintenance of multiple acres of lawn grasses, flowerbeds, trees, shrubbery, volleyball court, drainage systems, irrigation, snow removal, etc.
3. Oversees preventive maintenance on building mechanical and electrical systems and exterior maintenance of parking lots, sidewalks, and drives.
4. Schedules and monitors multiple contractors and suppliers for grounds and building facilities office work and provides cost estimates for work to be completed to support preparation of department budgets, obtains quotes, writes purchase orders, and supports RFP preparation.
5. Operates forklift to load and unload trucks for shipping and receiving and support of R & D activities; also operates company-owned heavy and light equipment and vehicles as required.
6. Responds to queries or requests from customers or internal/external department and records description of work performed, and time spent in the department database.
7. Works from wiring diagrams, drawings, and blueprints.
8. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from a computer daily.
9. Performs work following safety procedures and practices, and complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
10. On-call every third week from M-F 4 p.m. to 7 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 24/7 and required to be within distance of buildings supported to ensure a one- hour response time maximum.
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school; college or graduate degree level education or work-related experience
• Job related experience for 1 year(s) minimum
• Certifications/Licenses/Other: Valid Colorado driver's license
• Basic working knowledge of following areas:
- Lawn care, including landscaping
- Mechanical drawings, wire diagrams and blueprints
- Large heating, ventilating, and refrigeration systems
- Plumbing systems
- High and low voltage electrical systems
- Safe use of hand and power tools
- Building construction principles and techniques
• Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard grounds and building maintenance techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Working conditions:
- Works in mechanical and boiler rooms, garage areas, labs, interior and exterior of buildings.
- Exposed to solvents, cleaning agents, waste products, and other potentially hazardous materials.
- Exposure to all weather conditions.
- Travels to multiple buildings within a five (5) mile radius.
1. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
2. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives.
3. Proficiency using Microsoft products, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
5. Must be able to handle sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
6. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct per business needs and as assigned.
7. Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in Ball policies.
8. Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
9. Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
• This position may be exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemical, etc.
• Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices, as required.