Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.Job Summary
Exciting hands-on opportunity with UL’s Field Services Fire Equipment Services team!
Candidate must be located in New Jersey.
Utilize your mechanical know-how to inspect fire apparatus; aerial devices, in-service pumps and ground ladders. Help ensure the safety of firefighters and their communities by conducting inspection visits independently to inspect fire apparatus using established methods. Read on …
If you have:
- Some University education in Applied Science plus a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience (Non-destructive testing experience a plus!)
- Mechanical aptitude and experience including hand/power tools, and use of measurement and/or test equipment
- Independently performs inspections of fire apparatus such as aerial devices, pumpers and ground ladders in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements. .
- Communicates with customers’ and Authorities Having Jurisdiction prior to and during the conduct of inspections.
- Documents examination, variations and test results using appropriate UL forms.
- Performs other duties as directed.
We would like to hear from you! Join our Field Services business and make a difference!
Candidate must be located in New Jersey. Training will be provided for this role.Up to 50% overnight travel may be required to visit multiple customer sites. Job Requirements
- Some University education or a 2 year degree in Applied Science.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience including hand/power tools, and use of measurement and/or test equipment.
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) experience a plus. ASNT Level II Certification in MT, VT, UT and / or PT a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computers, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license with demonstrated safe driving record as indicated by eligibility to participate in a DOT regulated program.
- Candidate must meet vision requirements as listed in ASNT CP 189.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, must be able to lift at least 70lbs without assistance.
- Candidate must be located in New Jersey.
- Up to 50% overnight travel may be required to visit multiple customer sites.
Learn more about UL!
We accept the uniqueness in individuals and see it as a powerful asset to our employees, services and community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation
Amount of Travel Moderate Travel Work At Home Possible