Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment, negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patienthandling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for delivery, pick up, and service of company product to the customer facilities in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product.
This individual will also be responsible for product care and maintenance, product repair, warehouse/shop duties, vehicle care and maintenance, and tracking of inventory at all times.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery and set up of product in accordance with arranged schedule to the customer/patient in a timely and professional manne
- Instructs and demonstrates patient/care giver/nurse on proper and safe use of product.
- Loads and unloads product in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with set policies and procedure
- Completes vehicles safety checks in accordance with set procedures.
- Drives safely and defensively obeying all traffic law
- Provides safe environment for the patient at all time
- Checks electrical outlets for power and proper ground when delivering electrically powered Home Medical Equipment, in addition to observing entire environment/surroundings for any concerns in accordance with set procedures.
- Completes required paperwork upon delivery, pick up, or service of product and follows and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Rotates on-call availability with field service technicians, including nights & weekends and travel up to two weeks at a time as needed.
- Cleans, disinfects, repairs, and quality checks all products as required in accordance with set procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work around patients in a healthcare facility/home base facility environment
- General exposure to hospitals and VA facilities
- Work in non-climate controlled areas; subject to seasonal temperatures
- Constant driving, occasional travel up to two weeks at a time
- Sitting, standing & driving for prolonged periods of time – up to/exceeding 8 hours per day
- Moderate to loud noise levels
- General/mild exposure to hazardous chemicals (non-flammable/non toxic)
- Fast paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activities
- Working in company’s uniform