The role of the (position) is to:
Under the direction of the Fine Jewelry Regional Manager and Director of Stores, the Fine Jewelry Counter Manager is responsible for the overalloperation and sales performance of the Fine Jewelry department and monitors a sales staff of 4-8 associates; including sales results, trunk show execution and performance to plan, recruiting, training new associates, offering constructive and actionable feedback to each Fine Jewelry associate on individual performance. Additionally, the Fine Jewelry Counter Manager is expected to lead his/her team by example and hold associates accountable in achieving personal sales goals, Elite Service Plan goals, repair revenue goals and developing a Fine Jewelry clientele.
The major responsibilities include:
1. Drive sales and meet or exceed personal sales goals as well as total department sales goals. Work with Fine Jewelry sales associates to develop a loyal Fine Jewelry clientele for sales and special events.
2. Oversee daily operational functions of department including daily counts, shipping and receiving merchandise, merchandising caselines within the department, abiding by company visual standards, assisting customers and accurately ringing sales transactions, completing minor watch and jewelry repairs, and accepting customer owned merchandise for repair at the processing center.
3. Develop a clientele for trunk shows and plan for each show a minimum of 6 weeks in advance using the FJ 10 Best Practices for Trunk Shows. Meet or exceed all trunk show appointment goals and sales goals.
4. Maintain a recruiting log for bench candidates for department positions.
5. Train new associates and ensure that all associates have completed monthly training to maintain a trained work force.
6. Review associates performance on sales, Elite Service Plans, and client development both weekly and monthly. Use training, role playing, and offer actionable feedback to hold associates accountable to sales goals. Take appropriate action on variances to goal.
7. Ensure each associate and total department meet or exceed the corporate credit solicitation goal and hold associates accountable to this goal.
8. Ensure each associate and total department meet or exceed the corporate Elite Service Plan attachment rate goal and hold associates accountable to this goal.
9. Build a successful repair business and meet department repair revenue goals monthly
10. Write FJ schedules and submit to FJ Regional and Store Manager a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Maintain Fine Jewelry Department to budgeted hours per week and month.
11. Communicate goals, policies, and procedures to sales associates.
1. Develop a loyal FJ clientele for sales and special events.
2. Work with FJ vendors on training FJ associates to be subject matter experts on watches, Moissnaite.
1. Establish a relationship and strong reporting line to the department Store Manager, Communicate frequently with the store management team including store manager, Human Resource, and Loss Prevention Manager.
2. Partner with Store Management team on in store events to drive sales in Fine Jewelry.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 3 years customer service/ retail/ management experience
- Be physically able to stand on feet up to 8 hrs per shift
- be able to bend easily and lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to use keyboard, telephone, computer, and other business related equipment
- Hand manipulation to complete watch and fine jewelry repairs
- Ability to distinguish between types of gemstones and gold/ sterling silver/ tungsten/ platinum
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends due to business needs of the Fine Jewelry Department
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.