I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a Hospice Admission Registered Nurse, you will:
- Explain Company's services to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Interact with patients, families, and referral sources as needed.
- Work closely with patient care team(s); may be included in patient care activities as required from time to time.
- Oversee pending patients and routinely follow the progress of prospective patients.
- Interact with interdisciplinary team.
- Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the Company's budget.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state.
- Bachelor's degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred.
- Minimum of one-year general nursing experience preferred with current Hospice, medical, surgical or critical care experience.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop hospice-specific clinical knowledge.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Good communication, negotiation and public relations skills.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 1.877.44.HOSPICE.
Keywords: Admissions RN, Hospice RN, Hospice Nurse, Hospice Registered Nurse, Nurse, nursing, hospice, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, med surg, Oasis, ER, Emergency Room, ICU, intensive care unit, RN case manager, Medicare, visit nurse, admission nurse, skilled visit, case management, r.n., rn, acute care
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.