To meet the minimum qualifications, applicant must possess the following technical and executive core qualifications. These qualifications would typically be gained through progressively responsible management or executive level assignments such
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following ECQs. Your narrative must address each ECQ separately. Total pages may not exceed 10.Additional information on ECQs is available at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge,Context, Action, and Result (CCAR) model outlined in the guide. It is recommended that you draft your ECQs in a Word document and then upload into the system.
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQ):All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQ(s), not to exceed 2 pages. Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. It is recommended that you draft your TQs in a word document and then upload into the system.
TQ 1: Knowledge of mission, organization, programs and requirements of health care delivery systems, and the ability to manage and direct a large health care facility.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Step 1: ECQ qualifications: MANDATORY UNLESS NONCOMPETITIVE.
Step 2: Technical Qualification(s): MANDATORY FOR ALL APPLICANTS.
Step 3: VA Executive Resources Board.
Step 4: Interviews will be conducted.
Step 5: Approval by the Selecting Official (may include additional screening such as background and reference checks).
Step 6: OPM Qualification Review Board certification, if applicable.