Come join our team!
Nestled at the base of the Flatirons, sits the Colorado Chautauqua Association, a national historic landmark, where our cozy cottages, each with its own unique history and historic charm, provide a most unique experience for our guests.
The Housekeeper is a full time (32 hours plus), non-exempt position. The Housekeeper reports to the Housekeeping Manager and is responsible for performing housekeeping duties in rental properties and public buildings in a timely manner, meeting established quality standards. Weekend and some evening work are required in meeting position responsibilities. Eight-hour shifts are scheduled in between the hours of 9am - 6pm. For emergency and inclement weather reporting this position is considered essential
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs housekeeping duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager. To include all the following tasks:
o General cleaning (sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
o Cleaning bathrooms and kitchens (stove, refrigerator, washing dishes, etc.)
o Cleaning windows, walls, ceiling fans, etc.
o Changing bedding and linens/towels
o Cleaning cottage porches/steps/sidewalks/yards
• Report any items found in the cottage/unit after guest departure to supervisor for delivery to Front Desk lost and found.
• Report guest comments, suggestions and concerns to the Housekeeping Manager timely.
• Perform side work duties as assigned
o Refill cleaning supplies
o Inventory of supplies according to department inventory schedule
o Organization of supplies
o Folding of terry/linens
• Maintains excellent rapport with staff and guests. Performs other duties as directed.
Please see the full position description on our Careers page at www.chautauqua.com
To apply please respond to this post and include a letter of interest in addition to your work history