Having selected the best suppliers,we build strong relationships with them in order to drive the growth, profitability and continuous improvements we both expect. We drive synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group.
GTO Purchasing IPS (Indirect Products & Services) is a global purchasing function in the Volvo Group, delivering global, regional and local purchasing solutions related to goods and services.
Our mandate is to leverage the Group’s consolidated purchasing power, minimize the vendor base by establishing efficient contracts with preferred suppliers, and drive product and service standardization to accomplish synergies and economies of scale.
The investments team is responsible for all purchasing activities associated with buildings and production equipment investments for the Volvo Group.
We are now looking for a Project Buyer within the area of Property Project Management - Building Construction & Renovation and Property Transaction & Leasing segments.
The Project Buyer provides investment project procurement services to country and regional based stakeholders, and follows / implements the global procurement strategies.
The Project Buyer reports to the Commodity Manager Investments - Region Americas. The successful candidate will possess “out-of-box” thinking, strong negotiation skills and the ability to build supplier relationships.
The successful candidate will be proactive, independent, innovative and also have the ability to work in teams as well as individually. He / She must have a high level of integrity and have the ability to easily grasp the holistic view in major and complex property projects as well as work with details when required.
- Perform country or regional purchasing according to defined strategies and frameworks
- Negotiate country or regional agreements based on a TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) approach
- Review purchase requisitions and identify sources of supply
- Advise internal stakeholders on procurement issues, modifications from original requests and provide support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle
- Select contract / supplier to fill requisitions in accordance with defined strategy and agreements
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers in order to resolve issues related to invoices and delivery performance.
- Participate as required in global and regional strategic sourcing projects
Provide country or regional market data and information to Segment Owners
- Validate completeness and relevance of RFI (Request for Information) / RFP (Request for Proposal) in terms of country and regional market specifics and local internal requirements
- Participate in or conduct the evaluation and selection of suppliers
- Work in close collaboration with Segment Owners, as well as end users, in order to ensure local acceptance and implementation of sourcing strategy.
- Actively participate in the validation of the sourcing strategy implementation approach
- Actively participate in the implementation of new contracts (communication, training, etc.)
- Track key performance indicators on supplier and stakeholder contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contract compliance
Drive country or regional strategic sourcing initiatives
- Perform country or regional strategic sourcing activities
- Perform country or regional market analysis, and define appropriate sourcing strategy
- Screen, short list and select potential suppliers through a RFI (Request For Information) and RFP (Request For Proposal) process
- Develop negotiation strategy and lead supplier negotiations
- Work with end user and supplier in order to resolve issues
- Continuously track supplier performance according to defined performance targets and metrics
- Initiate and conduct supplier evaluations and supplier audits
Coordinate all purchasing activities for investment projects
- Identify all IPS procurement requirements for assigned projects
- Communicate these needs internally within IPS
- Act as the single point of contact for IPS on project teams
- Involve other IPS buyers as need to support projects
- Advise internal customers on procurement issues, modifications from original requests and provide support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and / or Business Administration
- Experience of working with building construction & renovation
- Strong background and knowledge about specific terms and different ways of contracting including the valid terms and conditions from the construction business, including property purchasing and leasing
- Experience in sourcing activities and negotiations from the construction business - engineering, design and project management related activities
- Fully proficient in English
- Communication Skills: excellent written and verbal communication
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Computer Skills: Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Continuous Improvement Skills: strong continuous improvement skills
- Segment technical knowledge - Building Construction & Renovation and Property Transaction & Leasing
- Total Acquisition Cost management
- Negotiation performance
- Contract law & management
- Change management
- Project management
- Process management & tools
- Quality mindset
- International experience
- Business case development
This position will require travel between work sites within the area of responsibility.
For further information, please contact:
Michele Presiazniuk, IPS Commodity Manager Investments - phone: +55 41 9721-2666
Please do not send any submissions directly. All submissions must go through the Career Center to be considered.