Are you a fanatic for all things fermented with a love for the people who drink them? We've got the perfect place to put those skills to work! We're a growing bottle shop in the Jefferson Park neighborhood of North Denver and we need a part-time team member to help us keep up the pace in a fun and friendly retail environment. The ideal candidate has solid experience in wine, spirits, craft beer, and retail service industries. TIPS certified? Even better.
- Be the amiable expert - we have a diverse customer base, it's your job to help them find the right item to suit their needs and budget
- Handle all financial transactions and register duties responsibly
- Keep up with inventory maintenance, including check-in of deliveries and upkeep of display and back stock items
- Help keep the shop clean, comfortable, and appealing (basic cleaning chores and display setup)
- Create and maintain creative signage and product descriptions
- Must be over 21 years old
- Have at least 1 year of experience in the wine, beer, and spirits industry with general knowledge of wine varietals and wine/food pairings
- Have at least 1 year of experience in customer service and sales
- Be familiar with Colorado's thriving craft beer and spirits scenes
- Work well independently and unsupervised, including closing night shifts
- Adjust to a flexible schedule with availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Be able to lift and manipulate heavy items from 10-50 lbs repeatedly, including up and down stairs, on and off shelves, etc.
- Be able to navigate and operate MAC OS and retail POS (Shopkeep and Adobe CC experience is a plus)
- Must produce TIPS certification within 30 days of employment
- Enjoy interacting with customers while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude to match our shop environment, including proactive problem-solving and follow through.
Sound like the right job for you? Please reply to this post with your resume and let us know a little about your qualifications and tell us your favorite bottle to share!
* Please do not apply at the shop, our hiring manager is not always on location.