Job ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for training and serves a support role for the supervisor in their duties. Additionally, the position will assist in audits, document performance of trainees, and assist in developing and maintaining quality assurance, training and standard operating procedure manuals (SOP). The position will also investigate and identify root causes of process performance drivers and correct or develop new processes, in order to achieve optimized results.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Conducting initial training and ongoing training of staff.
· Conducting training and supporting the other trainers within the classroom and outside of the classroom.
· Designing and developing agency specific training programs including classroom and field training, determining appropriate learning objectives and methodology to be used, developing course curriculums, and reviewing course content with the training coordinator and subject matter experts.
· Developing appropriate training tools per the training content and training environment.
· Evaluating trainee progress using written examinations and/or practical examinations and adjusting teaching approaches to accommodate trainee needs.
· Consulting with staff members and managers to determine if training programs meet the needs of the unit.
· Updating training materials and methods to keep current with new techniques, and evaluating and modifying training programs as needed.
· Preparing reports regarding the effectiveness of training and preparing and maintaining records on student progress.
· Updating and improving training materials on a regular basis.
· Participating in unit meetings, various trainings, stand-up meetings and workgroups as needed.
· Performing audits to identify non-conforming issues that are in conflict with stated practices in standard operating procedures.
· Assist the supervisors in updating training, SOP, and other reference manuals.
· Coaching staff and improving the overall efficiency of the unit.
· Assist in developing, recommending, and coordinating the implementation of new procedures for the unit.
· Applying lean tools and practices, investigating and identifying root causes of process performance drivers; and correcting or developing new processes, in order to achieve improved performance.
- Implementing training policies/procedures for ISO accreditation, and on-going maintenance of the ISO certification once obtained.
- Acting as a technical reference providing work delegation and instruction for staff and may recommend appropriate follow-up actions.
- Communicating with the shift supervisor(s) in regards to performance feedback of fellow staff members.
- May assist the leadership team in creating shift schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- In the absence of a supervisor, Leads will assume supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma
This position requires successful completion of new NCIC agent training with the Denver Police Department.
Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
· Extensive knowledge and experience with NCIC and Versadex databases
· Background in development and design of various training material and the use of various training tools, as well as online web-based trainings
· Knowledge in creating PowerPoint training materials and presentations
· A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and lean process improvements.
Additional InformationTo apply for this position, please select the apply button at the top of this page, or visit http://www.denvergov.org/jobs.
Agency: Denver Police Department
Background Check/Drug Testing: Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law and City and County of Denver policies, including the completion of a background check. Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit, polygraph, MVR and drug testing and FBI security screening may be required.
Probationary Period: The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period.