Skills, Education, and Experience
- Approved trainer, or familiarity with adult education training
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Center leadership
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Participates in recommended training programs, conferences, courses
- 5+ years Early Childhood Education Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lead Teachers must be able to adapt and excel in a continuously changing, fast-paced environment, and make the children’s needs their primary focus.
- Lead Teachers must be able to fully engage in physical activity. They must be able to kneel, stoop, sit on the floor, stand for a long time, and demonstrate and engage in activities like jumping, dancing, walking, and running.
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly desired and may be required to work in some classrooms or in the kitchen.
- Work is primarily performed at the center. Daily outdoor work is required but work is otherwise indoors. Work is sometimes performed off site for field trips.
- Lead Teachers must be able to see and hear well enough to monitor classrooms and playgrounds to keep children safe at all times.
Knowledge Universe – US is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.