Company Name: Kroger Manufacturing
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Support programming, troubleshooting, calibration, project implementation and network Integration. Responsible for keeping the automated industrial control systems
current. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial control systems and Programmable Logic Computers (PLC's).
- Effectively maintain programming, hardware networking and communication; troubleshoot, determine causes of failure and perform corrective actions; oversee full industrial control system project implementation on both hardware and software problems.
- Support predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Support internal projects
- Drive plant control system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with Controls Change Management System.
- Able to troubleshoot and calibrate the following properly and safely: control panels using relay logic; Cam-driven switch boxes; heat and humidity control systems; process control valves; pneumatic control systems; hydraulic control systems; metal detection systems; ink jet coding systems, electronic scaling systems, electronic meters.
- Able to interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely: motor starters, run relays; Variable Frequency Drives(VFDs); Servo motors and controls.
- Able to interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley and other plant PLC's including: connecting to the PLC, reading ladder logic, programming, diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints and control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; Kroger Down Time (KDT) Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses.
- 3 - 5 years PLC and HMI programming experience.
- Experience with full Industrial Control System project implementation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to travel independently.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2-4 years maintenance mechanic experience.
- Familiarity with other brands of PLC hardware and software.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs nearly 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,625 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. With more than $108.5 billion in sales in 2014, Kroger ranks 20th on the Fortune list and we continue to grow. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger is a leader in feeding the hungry, supporting breast cancer awareness, assisting local schools and community organizations, and supporting members of the armed forces and their families. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Denver || 10241 E 51st St || 80239 || Kroger Manufacturing || CareerBuilder; None || Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Full-Time || None