Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. Weare the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world. To learn more about Atria, or to find an Atria community near you, please visit www.atriaseniorliving.com.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing a team in the maintenance and preventative maintenance efforts for an assigned community including the physical aspects of the building’s HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, major appliances and amenities, including the management of appropriate outside vendors and contractors. Also responsible for managing the housekeeping and janitorial employees and function in the communities. Ensure efforts meet Atria’s operational and safety standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all maintenance, housekeeping, laundry and janitorial personnel including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and discipline consistent with Company policy.
- Implements and monitors programs to maximize revenue, control expense, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manages all of the maintenance needs of assigned community to ensure the physical condition of the community and contribute to Atria’s annual business goals.
- Manages all customer service requests using the Facility One work order system; including prioritization and delegation to assigned staff. Maintain company customer service standards. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Manages the apartment home turnover and preventative maintenance programs to maximize the value to the community. Assesses the value of damage to the apartment homes that is charged to departing resident.
- Assists in the development of the annual maintenance operating budget and manages department expenditures within approved budget.
- Purchases parts, chemicals, and paint according to our requirements for national account spending.
- Inspects grounds, buildings and apartment homes on a regular basis to ensure that all physical aspects of the community are fully functional at all times.
- Inspects and monitors community and apartment homes to ensure housekeeping, janitorial and laundry employees are meeting company standards.
- Implements, or directs the implementation, of all applicable Atria policies and procedures. Ensures compliance as needed.
- Negotiates with external maintenance vendors and suppliers as needed. Monitors and enforces contract terms via communication with the Executive Director.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
- May drive company vehicle from community (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.