Marketing & Business Development Specialist
Join a leading provider of accounting, tax and business consulting services with a growing and dynamic marketing department that assists the firm with its strategicgrowth goals. The Marketing & Business Development Specialist is responsible for collaborating with sales team to produce winning proposals and new business presentations that lead to increased sales.
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist will manage all aspects of proposal/new business presentation opportunities, from research to positioning, writing, editing, design, and delivery of documents. In addition, this position works closely with the sales team to determine the pursuit strategy, key selling points, and the role of the sales team in presentations to increase close rates. This position is 70 – 80% new business focused and 20 – 30% general marketing.
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Marketing. This position works closely with other members of the Marketing Department and the Managing Directors/Sales Teams to produce business development documents and assist with other general marketing initiatives and projects.
The ideal person for this position is a creative, results-driven self-starter who has strong written and verbal communication skills, can manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, and has a strong client service focus.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and assist in qualifying the opportunity, identifying sales team, facilitating sales team strategy meetings, drafting contents, and establishing deadlines
- Develop high-impact business development documents reflecting the firm’s brand identity, messaging and positioning within tight deadlines
- Develop compelling responses to unique and challenging proposal questions within specified deadlines
- Create graphics/design elements depicting message points to elevate sophistication of proposals/presentations
- Review, proofread and edit drafts of new business documents
- Coordinate final proposal/presentation production, including printing and binding hard copies, emailing electronic copies, and confirming delivery
- Create and distribute monthly pipeline report of prospect opportunities and status
- Maintain the firm’s new business tracking log
- Manage client events including development of an agenda and securing speakers, development and distribution of invitations, managing RSVPs and off-site location logistics
- Assist with sponsorship event logistics including collateral development, speaking engagement presentations, advertisements, and off-site location logistics including booth setup and attendance at events
- Produce and distribute quarterly Alumni newsletter and manage related Alumni LinkedIn Group page
- Coordinate and assist with other marketing activities of the Firm, including social media, newsletters and thought leadership materials, website enhancements and updates, and advertising
- Other responsibilities as necessary
Applicants should be prepared to provide writing samples.
- BA in Marketing, Creative Writing, Communications, English or related field
- 3 – 5 years of business development/marketing/proposal writing experience, professional services experience preferred
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required; Adobe InDesign, or other design software experience a plus
- CRM and/or inbound marketing software experience a plus
- Experience articulating message points and positioning in business development/sales documents
- Effectively interact with all levels from Managing Directors through to administrative staff
- Ability to think creatively and visualize final document deliverables
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Strong client service focus and results-driven attitude
- Strong grammar, proofreading, and analytical skills
- Manage multiple projects under tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Team player who is also self-motivated and can work independently with minimum supervision
CBIZ Tofias is an Equal Opportunity Employer.