Atrium Centers is a leading provider of short-term post-acute rehabilitation and
long-term nursing care. We currently operate 41 skilled nursing centers in
Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Wisconsin with nearly 4,000 beds.
Our reputation is defined by our employees, the caring and skilled staff
members who are the foundation of our award-winning communities.
We are committed to treating each individual with respect and dignity in a
homelike environment. Our professional and caring staff provides exceptional
services tailored to the individual needs of residents and meeting the highest
Are you tired of working weekends? Do you need a break from being on your feet all day?
Then we may have just the position for you. Atrium Centers has an immediate opening for a RN MDS Coordinator.
No MDS experience? As long as you have patient care experience and are computer savvy, we will train. Preferable experience would be in long term care or home health settings, however, all are welcome to apply.
In this position your primary duties will include:
- Ensure that a full resident assessment is completed upon admission of each resident, annual assessment, and when a significant change of condition occurs. Ensure that comprehensive and quarterly assessments are completed as scheduled.
- You will ensure the schedule completion of RAI following state and federal guidelines.
- Input data into the RAI computer system.
- Coordinate/supervise documentation/completion of MDS, RAPs and Care Plans by the interdisciplinary team.
- Screen each Minimum Data Set (MDS) for accuracy before finalizing, validating, and signing.
- Transmit RAI data.
- Ensure that PPS assessments are completed per the required CMS schedule.
- Ensure that the required tracking forms are completed per the RAI and state requirements.
- Train other staff in the completion of the MDS and corresponding documentation in support of the MDS data
Must have a current license; Registered Nurse (RN), in good standing in this state.
One year of long term care experience and familiarity with RAI preferred. Previous experience as a MDS Coordinator preferred.
Must show the ability to speak, read, and write in English, and in a legible and understandable manner.
Must have adequate computer skills, to accurately input data into the MDS and transmit that data.
Must possess effective leadership skills, demonstrate organizational skills, and must have knowledge of state and federal regulations for long-term care.
Must have a sincere caring for and interest in the elderly and have the ability to relate positively to resident, their families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
Must meet all local health regulations, and pass a post-employment-offer physical exam, if required. This requirement includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiries.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, with or with out reasonable accommodation.
Atrium Centers understands the needs for quality benefits for you and your family. Atrium Centers offer a variety of options for you to choose what is most appropriate for you.
We offer our employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Competitive salary package
- Extensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company matching
- Paid time off for vacation and sick days
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- CNA testing reimbursement