Join our team at ACTS Retirement-Life Communities! ACTS has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by acommitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Prepares and serves residents therapeutically correct diets while following the established nutrition services menu and practicing the standards for safe food handling preparation.
Essential Job Functions
* Prepares the dining room or tray line area for breakfast and lunch meal service completing the standard pre-meal chores.
* Completes resident food requests using correct portion control measures established in the Portion Control Standards Guide following food preparation records. Transports food and may serve residents following the established standards for food handling and meal service.
* Prepares each resident's meal following established service standards honoring individual therapeutic and/or texture modified needs.
* Remains alert and responds to all residents' needs and concerns.
* Provides meal census information to the manager completing the meal census report and assists in the maintenance of the quality assurance meal record log.
* Readies the dining room or tray line area for the next meal by completing the standard post-meal chores including the restocking of food, condiments and service ware as needed.
* Follows the department's cleaning schedule; responsible for practicing the standard cleaning procedures.
* Maintains a tray card or menu on each resident that indicates name, diet and food preferences utilized for breakfast and lunch meal service.
* Communicates any equipment maintenance concerns detected to the nutrition service manager.
* Follows all safety standards communicating observed safety concerns to immediate supervisor.
* Maintains a strict "clean as you go" policy by following the department's cleaning schedule to ensure a clean and professional work environment.
* Attends all mandatory meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Knowledge Necessary
* Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
* Able to work with limited supervision
* Sensitive to the individual needs of the residents and responsive to fulfilling individual dietary needs and preferences
* Good mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers and fractions
The critical skills and knowledge required to successfully perform the functions of the position are normally obtained thru the completion of a high school education and previous food/health care experience of 6 months.
* Lifting and carrying of 35 pounds maximum occasionally with frequent lifting and carrying of weights in the 25 pound range
* Walking/standing frequently
* Sitting occasionally
* Pushing and pulling loaded dietary carts equipped with 4 inch wheels occasionally
* Balancing on slippery surfaces occasionally
* Stooping, kneeling, and squatting occasionally
* Reaching at levels below the knees with frequent reaching from the waist to chest level occasionally
* Reaching from chest to above shoulder level occasionally
* Handling involving frequent simple grasping, power grasping, pushing and pulling occasionally with frequent wrist twisting bilaterally
* Fine fingering manipulation frequently
* Feeling occasionally
* Talking and hearing frequently
* Occasional tasting/smelling
* Near acuity frequent (20 inches or less)
* Far acuity occasional (20 plus feet)
* Visual accommodation occasional (adjust lens of eye)
* Field of vision occasionally
* Twisting of both upper and lower torso occasionally
* Inside - 100%
* Exposure to extremes of both heat and cold with temperature changes occasionally
* Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions frequent
* Exposure to moderate noise levels occasionally
* Exposure to toxic/caustic cleaning chemicals occasionally