**Experienced Front Office specialist needed for specialist office in Kingwood, Baytown or The Woodlands locations.
Provide high quality patient care services, treating all patients' and
guests with courtesy, fairness, and respect. Works with management and staff members in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports the goals and objectives of the company.
Selected Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Follows office policies, procedures, and protocols as appropriate.
2. Communicates effectively with other staff members.
3. Follows OSHA regulations and the safety guidelines of the Practice.
4. Follows HIPAA policies and procedures.
5. Respects and maintains patient confidentiality.
6. Greets visitors in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions/directions. Informs appropriate department/person of patient's arrival.
7. Completes necessary paperwork such as fee tickets, etc. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
8. Updates patient information, collects co-pays, provides any necessary form(s) needing completion, obtains signature as necessary.
9. Maintains clean, orderly waiting room and work area.
10. Answers phone promptly and in a pleasant manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously, such as making appointments, taking messages for the clinical staff, etc.
11. Updates information in electronic patient charts according to policy and procedure.
12. May perform specific Job Activities as assigned per office location.