Do you want to make a difference? Each day we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers we treat in our inpatient
KidsPeace is a private non-profit charity located on a countryside setting of more than 260 acres in Orefield, PA - just 22 minutes away from downtown Allentown. For 134 years, KidsPeace has provided mental and behavioral health care services to children and teenagers, provided by a dedicated staff committed to making a difference by improving lives and helping young people prepare for adulthood. We are currently hiring a select group of people to help further our mission of providing hope, help and healing to children, families and communities in need. We will provide you all the training and support to help you succeed and be part of our caring team.
Join us, and make a difference at KidsPeace.
Mental Health Technician 2 (Entry-Level Direct Care)
Position located in Orefield/Schnecksville, PA
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required; with one year of direct care experience OR
- 60 Credits or Bachelor's Degree with no experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with NO EXPERIENCE will qualify for a Late Night position in Residential.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have an active valid driver's license.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Experience with acute emotionally challenged children or adolescents preferred, but not required.
- The candidate must pass applicable state Criminal Record History Clearances and a Child Abuse History Clearance (if required) which are processed by KidsPeace. The candidate must pass a Physical and Drug Screening and possess the ability to attend and successfully complete all KidsPeace sponsored trainings. EOE
- Flexible work schedules for part time and flex workers.
- We work with you to build a schedule that meets both the needs of KidsPeace and you!
- Full Time Positions are typically 2nd shift (2p-10p, 3p-11p) and weekends are a necessity.
- The KidsPeace Mental Health Technician 2 provides supervision and direction to emotionally and behaviorally challenged children and adolescents (aged 5-21) in a compassionate and respectful environment.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment. Act immediately to remove all dangers or threats to the welfare of our clients and know the whereabouts of all children in your care.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of relationship building, appropriate boundaries and role modeling with children.
- Demonstrate care, compassion, respect, integrity, truthfulness and ethical behavior with children as well as interactions with other staff members.
- Supervise daily routines and responsibilities of children and ensure performance of daily self care tasks assisting when necessary. Provide minor first aid treatment where necessary.
- Supervise the morning routines of the children in a supportive, professional manner.
- Fully perform restraints (as necessary) when ordered by a licensed professional using the current approved KidsPeace restraint methodology on youth clients who may weigh in excess of 250 pounds and who are physically threatening or otherwise presenting a threat to themselves or others.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of individualized treatment plans as well as daily treatment schedules in accordance with House/Module programming.
- Communicate all relevant client information obtained by daily Supervision to appropriate treatment team members on a timely basis.
- Follow all KidsPeace policies regarding medication administration. Distribute all prescribed medication to children and complete all necessary documentation.
- Complete 40 hours of training per calendar year in accordance with all corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Understand and make certain you are in compliance with all regulatory bodies and KidsPeace policies regarding documentation of services.
- Understand and comply with all laws, regulations, and ethical practices.
- Understand the duty to report a belief of a violation of laws, regulations, standards and ethical practices.
What's in it for you?
- Retention Bonu$e$
- Career Path
- Extensive Health and Welfare Benefit Package
- Generous Time Off Package
- Two weeks of PAID corporate and safety crisis management training
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonu$e$
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
KidsPeace is a private charity dedicated to serving the behavioral and mental health needs of children, families and communities. Founded in 1882, KidsPeace provides a unique psychiatric hospital; a comprehensive range of residential treatment programs; accredited educational services; and a variety of foster care and community-based treatment programs to help people in need overcome challenges and transform their lives. KidsPeace provides emotional and physical health care and educational services in an atmosphere of teamwork, compassion and creativity.
For More Job Opportunities, please visit