zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toysand gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, WA; Reno, NV; Columbus, OH and Bethlehem, PA, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day - and we are just getting started.
The Mobile Marketing Manager will drive the mobile strategy and execution for zulily. As a marketing manager on the mobile team you will own the goal to increase our app install base while effectively engaging the existing base. You will be innovative in your thinking, and have proven success influencing teams both reporting directly to you and external teams. You will understand both the art and science of lifecycle marketing through mobile. You will be comfortable working with complex challenges, appreciate white space, and understand the value of rapid test and learn approaches. You will be savvy about how to leverage large data sets to create sophisticated marketing programs. You will be comfortable working with marketers, product managers, engineers, and teams ranging from finance to analytics.
Essential duties and responsibilities/core accountabilities
- Responsible for financial performance of a program within the lifecycle marketing org
- Determine near-term and long-term customer values and lifecycle metrics to support marketing investment optimization
- Evaluate and on-board the right technology platforms and resources to enable the team
- Hire and develop an effective team
- Develop marketing strategies that drive financial outcome through a customer first mindset
- Raise the bar on hypothesis driven experimentation design, analysis of the test results and iterative experimentation
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing or product management role preferable with direct response experience
- Experienced in retail or B2C marketing including use of customer segmentation and life cycle marketing practices
- 2+ years of experience with marketing using online channels (email, in app push, re-targeting)
- Experience in defining feature requirements for marketing systems
- Superior written presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills including experience with use of complex and diverse data sources and platforms
- Basic ability with HTML and SQL
- MBA or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- Experience driving online B2C email or lifecycle marketing programs