Do you gain great satisfaction from knowing that company executives can make sound critical business decisions based on the accurate financial information you provide them? Have you built and led a successful team, and are you ready to do it again? Do you have a strong ownership mindset, an ability to fully implement your ideas, and enjoy getting a lot done quickly and ensuring everything you own gets across the finish line? And do you want to make a deep impact and contribute to the continued success of a very fast-paced, constantly changing, and quickly growing organization?
If that sounds like your ideal opportunity, you may be a great fit with us as Office Manager and Bookkeeper, serving as both an individual contributor and a team leader.
Founded in May of 1997, we are Colorado's service expert for drywall distribution and building material supplies. From delivery to stocking services, we carry a large selection of tools and accessories for the professional contractor and do-it-yourselfer. Our five Colorado locations operate a specialized fleet of trucks that can service any construction job at any time. Jones Heartz Building Supply also showcases over 3,000 square feet of showroom space and carries hundreds of tools and accessories for the professional contractor and DIY-er. With brand names such as American Gypsum, CEMCO, USG, Georgia Pacific, National Gypsum, Johns Manville, Owens Corning, Dewalt, Cendrex, Prime Source, and other top manufacturers, we provide the best quality and most reliable products.
What you can expect from us:
* Opportunity to be an integral part of an established and well-respected organization
* Ability to work with a team of professionals who have a vested interest and truly value teamwork and each other
* Opportunity to be able to make an impact and add value in a number of ways
* Excellent benefits including:
* Personal Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick days based on years of service and paid company holidays
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance with company participation, Telehealth, and flexible spending accounts for healthcare
* 401K with matching
* Dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
* Basic group life and AD&D and disability insurance
* Discounts on health and wellness products and services through a healthy rewards program
* Online self-service support for estate planning
What we'll expect from you and what you'll be doing:
* Facilitating executive-level conversations critical to company success with accurate financial data you provide on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
* Reconciling accounts with great attention to detail and critical thinking, preparing financial statements and reports (from daily to annually), and ensuring that all financial information complies with corporate requirements
* Implementing, documenting, and maintaining adequate and effective internal controls to ensure continued flawless audits, as well as coordinating and facilitating those audits
* Leading our small Accounting and Credit Management department, growing their skillset, and creating innovative ways to increase internal efficiencies, with an understanding of our wide variety of customers (from very small contractor / sub-contractor businesses to large companies)
* Demonstrating adaptability, comfort wearing multiple hats, proactivity, and a drive for continuous improvement
* Thrive moving at a fast pace, with fantastic prioritization and proactive communication skills, and the ability to think on the spot
* Authorization to work in the US
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a bookkeeping role
* Minimum 3 years' team leadership / managerial experience
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to pass background check
* Strong computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office and ERP systems
* Experience with Warehouse Management Systems preferred, but not required
* Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, but not required
* Industry and/or multi-location experience preferred, but not required
Jones Heartz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.