ABOUT THE BUSINESS: Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 12-state network of over 1,000 branches, 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank’s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
About the Job: The Teller reports to the Branch Manager or to the Operations Leader (Teller Float) and is the initial contact for clients. The Teller is a critical position within the branch and an important member of the branch team. The Teller assists new and existing clients of the Bank with account transactions and uncovers sales opportunities. In addition, he/she acts as a resource in identifying and resolving client servicing issues. The Teller is an extension of the sales team and through conversations with the clients uncovers financial needs, communicates product/promotional opportunities and refers clients to the branch relationship management team.
Essential Job Functions:
The role of the Teller is to be welcoming, build rapport and provide outstanding service to the Bank clients while performing account transactions. The Teller is responsible for performing accurate account transactions and functions which mirror the sales process (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in their daily work to create a positive client experience. This includes:
- Accept and accurately process all financial service transactions
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures
- Act as a resource to identify and resolve client servicing issues
- Meet individual established referral production goals
Build Client Rapport
- Provide excellent customer service to all KeyBank clients
- Greet and welcome every client as they enter the branch; acknowledge by name, if known
- Accurately process all financial service transactions
- Participate in client appreciation events
- Take ownership of client issues when possible, with the assistance of the branch management
- Make product suggestions based on the client’s needs and refer to a member of the branch team
- Help create and establish a business relationship between the Personal Banker and the client
- Review and maintain knowledge of product guides, fees and policies to stay current on offerings for product suggestions
- Provide answers and assistance for client questions/concerns, utilizing resources within the branch
- Coordinate time between Personal Banker and client for business meetings as necessary
Fulfill Client Needs
- Continue to build the client relationship by viewing client accounts when performing transactions and identifying potential needs
- Participate in post/debrief meetings with the branch team involving clients from the day to better understand specific client needs
- Maintain relationships with Personal Bankers and Branch Managers and notify them of client sales opportunities
- Debrief with the sales team member when a sale was based on a referral made by the Teller
- Ensure more complex sales activities/opportunities are handed off to the Personal Banker
- Ensure compliance with security and audit procedures
- Involvement in the sales building process and assist on platform as needed
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent business experience
- Customer service experience
- Sales experience with established goals
- Cash handling experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General understanding of PC with Windows based applications and calculator.
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- In addition to all Teller requirements, the Float Teller must have the ability to work at multiple branch locations
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate working in multiple branches
- Must have schedule flexibility
Operating: Keeps on point, plans and organizes, gets work done, uses time management skills; follows work processes and focuses; manages workload; organized; exhibits an openness of new ways of doing things and an adaptable, continuous improvement mindset; understands and applies Key’s risk management philosophy in day-to-day interactions
Energy/Drive: Action oriented; drives for results; pursues work with energy and focus; drives for completion; client relationship focused; acts with honor and character
Personal/Interpersonal: Open, receptive, accountable, and approachable; keeps promises, honors, commitments, and demonstrates open, honest communication; exhibits positive behavior
People Management: Understands the value of excellent client service and demonstrates a commitment to client satisfaction for internal and external clients while balancing organizational profitability; actively listens to internal/external client feedback and delivers appropriate solutions; embraces an inclusive team and diverse perspectives to reach best outcomes; escalates issues to manager when appropriate; apply judgment within established guidelines to resolve client issues and needs
Results: Dedicated to finding solutions, resolving problems, and fulfilling client needs; takes personal responsibility to see that every client is satisfied; proactively shares knowledge to help others develop and to improve the performance of the team; consistently exceeds and/or meets goals; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
Technical and Functional: Exhibits the technical and functional skills to perform the job
In addition to the competencies specific to the Teller role, all Key employees are expected to exhibit Key’s Leadership Behaviors (Accountability, Managerial Courage, Drive for Results, Lead Change, Client Focus, Effective Collaboration, Develop Self, Staff and Others, Business Acumen, Manage Vision and Purpose) as outlined in Key’s HR Online system.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.